Pages

RJ Shraddha - The Big Mouth


Everyday while driving to my office in the morning I listen to FM. I keep scuffling from 94.3 Radio One and fever 104 FM. RJ Prithvi keeps on making bakra of people on their birthday’s, and on the other side RJ Shraddha of Fever 104, demand people to throw tunes at her. Well, two different breeds of RJs, I must say. Prithvi is sober, whereas Shraddha is a big mouth, and both are good in their own sphere. At times Prithvi sounds too slow and too boring, and at times Shraddha appears too rough and too raunchy. But yes, depending on the mood you, I like both of them.

Picture Sourced from Internet. Copyright details unknown.  
There is a thin line between raunchiness and irresponsibleness. When you are a public figure, you should be careful with your words. Just to gain popularity you should not keep on saying things without understanding the meaning of it. Today, during the show, Shraddha said that because of exodus of people from North East there are 30000 vacancy in Bangalore to be grabbed. Was she trying to show her happiness over such a serious matter? Was this issue a matter of Joke for her? When the entire city is unstable because of exodus, you are celebrating this. Moreover, what made you assume that those who have gone back because of some fear will never return? Or, is it like that you personally don’t want them to return?

Dear Shraddha, I understand that you didn’t mean anything what I just wrote but at times a irresponsible remark can have different meanings and might become a big issue. When you talk about increase of Job opportunity after exodus of certain class of people, you are indirectly provoking regionalism. Regionalism if raises its head completely, it will ruin our country. Do read my earlier post on regionalism here, which was an analysis of Satyamev Jayate last episode. I understand the sensitivity of this matter, thus will not write anything more on this.

As a Bangalorean, we should show unity and strength to the people of North East. We should strongly tell them that we are with them. And, if you realise your fault, you should apologise, there is not harm in that.

8 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more. Having North Eastern roots myself, I honestly hope some kind of support is shown by the State, and the people who aren't directly affected by it, instead of encouraging fear and letting them flee from their established livelihood that they have built in these cities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aishwarya, you have my support and of many like me. I hope and I wish, those who returned will be back soon ...

      Delete
  2. Previously a fan of RJ Shraddha, this piece completely made me change my opinion on her. Yes I have North-East roots and yes i no longer listen to RJ Shraddha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey dont be too harsh ... she might have different intentions....

      Delete
  3. Hey Amit, how could you disagree with an RJ who also probably believes in "I may be right, I may be wrong, but you cannot stop me from speaking"?

    While I am absolutely astounded, shocked and ashamed that a bunch of hooligans and rascals went around threatening our fellow countrymen, I can appreciate someone trying to put the same matter into another perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my god! u ppl are crazy.she didnt even meant it in that sense.She tried to make a light moment out of the misery that happened. And you ppl are making a big deal out of it.It you ppl who cannot see a good in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was a big time fan of her.. wow later I turned out to be a big time wacho when she and her team took a drastic change from kannada to hindi.. what a crap..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why take a RJ so serious! Well if its write or wrong who are we to judge?

    ReplyDelete

If you liked it, you would also like...